JumpCloud adds efficiency to the lives of IT admins with its comprehensive and flexible open directory platform for identity, access, and device management. Centrally manage user identities and resource access; secure Mac, Windows, and Linux devices; and get a full view of your environment from a single pane of glass.
- Open Directory Platform: Simplify your operations and take control of your environment with a unified, cloud-based platform for user management and authentication — no on-prem infrastructure needed.
- Identity, Access, and Device Management: Manage and control access to any IT resource, regardless of the devices or locations your users are working from.
- Zero Trust Security and Compliance: Deploy cutting-edge security measures like multi-factor authentication (MFA) and conditional access to build a foundation for Zero Trust security and easier compliance.
What Does the Integration With Personio Look Like?
Scope of the integration
Streamline onboarding by importing new employees from Personio directly into JumpCloud as users. Easily automate the transfer of information between HR and IT to reduce errors and save time.
Transfer of data
Employee data is transferred from Personio to Jumpcloud, including:
- first name
- last name
- employment type
- cost centers
Setting up the interface
Create a custom integration with Personio for importing only.
Access the JumpCloud Administrator Portal at https://console.jumpcloud.com.
If you would like to use the Staged user state to make it easier to identify users who have been imported and to complete the onboarding process without granting access, complete the following steps. You can learn more about the Staged user state at Managing User States.
- Go to Settings.
- Click the User Management tab.
- Select Staged for the Application / Directory Integrations option.
- Click Save.
To setup the integration, complete the following steps:
- Go to USER AUTHENTICATION > SSO.
- From the Featured Applications section, hover over Personio and click configure new, or click ( + ), then scroll to or search for the application in the 'Configure New SSO Application' panel. Select your desired app and click configure.
- Enter a name for the app in the Display Label field in the General Info tab (e.g., Personio Import)
- Go to the Bookmark tab and enter your application URL (e.g., https://mycompany.personio.de)
- Click activate.
- Click the Personio app from the list to reopen the configuration.
- Click the Identity Management tab.
- Click manual import.
- On the Confirm Credentials window, enter the Client ID and Client Secret, which were generated in Personio, and click Continue.
- Click import.
- If you are importing less than 100 users, your import results will display in real time and you can continue onboarding your users.
- If you have more than 100 users being imported, JumpCloud will send you an email when your import is complete.
- You can now connect users to all their JumpCloud resources. Learn more in the Authorize Users to an Application and grant users access in Connecting Users to Resources articles.
Note: Imported users must be members of a user group bound to an application for JumpCloud to manage their identity in and/or access to the application.
For more detailed instructions on how to set up the integration between Personio and JumpCloud, visit the JumpCloud help center.
JumpCloud is free up to 10 users and 10 devices. Create your free JumpCloud account at https://cloud.jumpcloud.com/Personio.
More information on JumpCloud pricing and packaging can be found at: https://jumpcloud.com/pricing
If you have any questions, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.