Microsoft Azure AD integration
About Microsoft Azure AD
Your universal platform to manage and secure identities
Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) is Microsoft’s cloud-based identity and access management service, which helps your employees sign in and access external resources, such as Microsoft 365, the Azure portal, and thousands of other SaaS applications as well as internal resources, such as apps on your corporate network and intranet, along with any cloud apps developed by your own organization.
Why Microsoft Azure AD?
Synchronize on-premises directories and enable single sign-on
Microsoft Azure Active Directory is a comprehensive identity and access management cloud solution that combines core directory services, application access management, and advanced identity protection.
- Connect your workforce Whether people are on-site or remote, give them seamless access to all their apps so they can stay productive from anywhere. Automate workflows for user lifecycle and provisioning. Save time and resources with self-service management.
- Choose from thousands of SaaS apps Simplify single sign-on. Azure AD supports thousands of pre-integrated software as a service (SaaS) applications.
- Protect and govern access Safeguard user credentials by enforcing strong authentication and conditional access policies. Efficiently manage your identities by ensuring that the right people have the right access to the right resources.
- Engage with your customers and partners Secure and manage customers and partners beyond your organizational boundaries, with one identity solution. Customize user journeys and simplify authentication with social identity and more.
- Integrate identity into your apps Accelerate adoption of your application in the enterprise by supporting single sign-on and user provisioning. Reduce sign-in friction and automate the creation, removal, and maintenance of user accounts.
What Does the Integration With Personio Look Like?
Setting up the interface
The integration can be activated straight from the Marketplace inside the Personio settings – just click the “Connect MS Azure AD” Button and follow the steps described. After you have inserted your Personio API credentials, you can define which attributes you’d like to sync from Personio to Azure AD and configure the integration to your specific needs. Find detailed instructions in our helpcenter.
Tranfser of data
The Microsoft Azure Active Directory integration allows you to make Personio the source of truth for employee data, automating three common processes:
- Provisioning: once a new employee is created in Personio, a new user is automatically created in Azure AD
- Updating: once one of the defined attributes is updated in Personio, the change will be made in the respective Azure AD user profile as well
- De-provisioning: once an employee is terminated in Personio, the respective Azure AD user profile will be deactivated at the end of the termination date
Contact Azure AD
Interested in Azure Active Directory? For more information on features and pricing visit the Azure AD website.